After recently taking over the Ukash brand, Paysafecard has become the world leader in e-Voucher services, providing a safe and reliable way for people to spend money anonymously online.
Paysafecard allows you to make payments over the Internet without having to enter any of your personal or financial details, making it a popular choice for gamblers who are concerned for their online privacy and those who prefer to keep gambling transactions off of their bank account or credit card statements.
Read on to find out more about how Paysafecard works and how you can use this pre-paid service to fund your online casino accounts – but only if you’re from a countrh where online gambling is legal. For Australians, this page is informational only due to online gambling being banned by the Interactive Gaming Amendment Bill as of September 2017.
How does Paysafecard work?
Unlike web wallet services that still require you to make a credit card or bank account transaction to fund your account, Paysafecard is a pre-paid service that allows you to keep your personal details completely offline. Vouchers are purchased in real life retail outlets in increments of $10, $20, $50 and $100, and in exchange for cash you receive a unique 16-digit pin. The pin number can then be entered at any website that accepts Paysafecard payments in order to transfer your funds online, with no paper trail leading back to you.
How to gamble online using Paysafecard
Given the anonymity of using Paysafecard, a majority of the leading online casinos now offer this payment service to international punters looking for a safe deposit option. To fund your account using this e-Voucher service, you’ll need to do the following:
1. Use the Paysafecard website to find your nearest retail outlet and purchase a card.
2. Head to a reputable online casino that accepts Paysafecard deposits, like the ones recommended here at Gamble.com.au.
3. Sign up for an account, taking advantage of any welcome bonuses, then head to the cashier section to make a real money deposit.
4. Select Paysafecard as your payment method, enter your 16-digit pin along with the amount of funds that you wish to transfer.
5. You’re all set – funds are available immediately so you can now play your favourite casino games for real cash wagers.
Paysafecard iOS & Android mobile app
To make things even more convenient, there’s a Paysafecard app available in the iOS App Store and Google Play. The app can be downloaded for free for use with any Apple or Android device, including Apple Watch and Google Wear.
The app allows you to check your Paysafecard balance, quickly locate the closest retail location and check in for the latest promotions and competitions, all on the go from your smartphone or tablet.
Where to buy Paysafecard e-vouchers
Paysafecard pre-paid vouchers can be purchased from over 500,000 retail outlets worldwide. Around the world, you’ll find Paysafecard vouchers available in newsagencies, convenience stores, petrol stations and supermarkets including the following outlets:
- Drakes Supermarkets
- Harvey Norman
- News Xpress
- NightOwl Convenience Stores
- Video Ezy
You can also purchase Paysafecard’s online, but this will require the use of a credit card, debit card or bank transfer, which may not be ideal if you’re using this service as a means of maintaining your online privacy.
Is Paysafecard safe?
Paysafecard is one of the safest payment methods you can use to spend money online. Given that the e-Vouchers are purchased in real life, there is no way to trace any online deposits back to you and therefore it’s impossible for anyone to hack their way to your bank account.
Coupled with the fact that our recommended casinos are all protected by a minimum level of 128 Bit digital SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption, Paysafecard deposits are extra safe.
Keep in mind, however, that Paysafecard’s essentially work just like cash, which means that if you lose your card with the unique pin number, it’ll be just like losing cash and there’s no way to redeem your funds. We recommend making your deposit to the casino as soon as possible after purchasing your pre-paid card to eliminate the possibility of misplacing your card.
Benefits of using Paysafecard for online gambling
If you’re still not sure whether Paysafecard is right for you, consider these benefits:
- It’s free – Paysafecard is a free service, with no transaction or purchase fees.
- It’s anonymous – this e-Voucher provides complete anonymity when gambling online, with no connections to your bank account.
- It’s easy to access – there’s no application process or credit approval required, you can even use Paysafecard if you don’t have a bank account or credit card at all.
- It’s safe – not only does Paysafecard provide an ultra-secure way to make online deposits, it enforces responsible gambling practices by ensuring punters are playing with their own money and not accessing a line of credit and falling into debt.
- It’s widely accepted – since the Ukash takeover, Paysafecard is accepted at a majority of the best international online casinos along with Visa, MasterCard, POLi, Neteller and Skrill.
Once you’ve purchased your Paysafecard, follow our links to register with any of our recommended casinos and you’ll be rewarded with great welcome bonuses in the form of matched deposits and free spins.