Australians are not legally able to play real money online casino games as of September 2017 after the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill was introduced to clarify all local and offshore operators cannot offer gambling services to Australian residents. As such, the content on this page is relevant and intended only for our international readers.
Gamble.com.au will strive to keep this page updated and fresh with the most relevant information, including the latest laws and best sites for overseas players. We will also give you any warnings in our casino news section on rogue casinos.
Best online gambling casinos
We have literally hundreds of different websites that we can play real money casino games at; these casinos are stationed in various countries like the United Kingdom, Malta and Curacao, with all of these places respected jurisdictions. The sites we recommend for deposits are ones we have tested thoroughly and built relationships with.
- G’day Casino – G’day is a themed online casino offering over 250 casino games from a variety of software developers, including Net Entertainment, Microgaming, BetSoft, and more. The site is also licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
- Leo Vegas – Ideal for mobile players, Leo Vegas is an award winning casino specifically for innovation. With over 200 mobile titles available, and over 300 desktop casino games, players are ensured their details are protected thanks to the MGA and UK Gambling Commission licenses.
- 32 Red Casino – Another downloadable or instant play site powered by Microgaming only is 32 Red. Here players can play the games from the 500+ catalogue and ensure their real money wagers have a fair chance of increasing thanks to the license from Government of Gibraltar, and the regular reviews by eCOGRA.
- Slots Million – With a catalogue of over 900 slots only, from an array of software developers, slots players are spoilt for choice. The site is governed by both the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) and the Government of Curaçao, and is also tested by iTech Labs.
- Royal Vegas Casino – Royal Vegas is one of the leading Microgaming casinos available and has been so since its inception in 2000. The downloadable and instant play casino offers over 500 casino games (slots, table games, casual games, and more), and is licensed by the MGA and tested regularly by eCOGRA.
- Thrills – Thrills is known for its beautiful and unique online casino layout and design. Offering over 400 titles from a variety of software developers, including a great live dealer department. Players are secure thanks to the MGA and UK Gambling Commission licenses.
- Jackpot City Casino.com – Another high quality Microgaming powered instant and downloadable casino is Jackpot City. Considered to be one of the best high stakes online casino, players are treated to over 350 casino games. The site is verified as safe thanks to the MGA license and the eCOGRA seal of approval.
Rogue and unregulated online casinos are designed to operate with the main intention of stealing your money. Some do it quite obviously by disappearing with your funds or suspending your account for no reason, while others have sneakier tactics such as slowing withdrawals down or rigging casino software.
To prevent being a victim of this kind of behaviour we play at sites which are governed by regulatory bodies, including advanced licensing jurisdictions and independent testing agencies, like best real money casinos. [/rm_geo_hide]
Available online casino games
We have listed quite a few secure online casinos we recommend playing at and these sites offer a broad range of casino games, except for Slots Million which offers only slots (but over 900 of them).
Other sites offer a range of slots either by Microgaming only, or an array of software developers, as well as the following titles too;
- Live dealer titles
- Sic Bo
- Microgaming: Offers the famous live dealer Playboy Bunny service, plus all of the stock games. Our no.1 Microgaming casino is 32Red Online Casino.
- Ezugi: A particular strong live dealer platform arguably the best interface of the lot. You can play Ezugi games at Gday Casino.
- Evolution Gaming: A cutting edge live dealer provider which caters to all platforms, including smartphones and tablets. You can play Evolution games at Guts Online Casino.
- Credit and debit cards such as Visa and MasterCard
- Wire Transfer
- Prepaid options including paysafecard
- Licensed by an advanced gaming jurisdiction and/or tested regularly by an independent auditing company
- Offers 24/7 customer support via email, phone, live chat, and more
- Offers a variety of payment methods
- Real player reviews are overall positive
- High overall payout rate
- Easy to navigate site design
One of the benefits to playing games on the Web is they, as a general rule, have a lower house-edge than the same game at a land-based venue. This is because there are less costs and outlays associated with running an online casino.
You can also bank on finding more variations of games at online casinos compared to brick and mortar ones, with RNG games costing next to nothing to run after buying the initial license. This means you might find upwards of 10 different blackjack variations at the same URL.
The slots are by and large what make most casinos the bulk of their profits. Players around the world love to play them and they keep on improving with casinos catering to these clients. It’s insane how many are available from a bevy of different software providers including Microgaming, NetEntertainment and Betsoft with these three companies having the worldwide market cornered.
The animations involved with online slots like the Batman series and some of the great 3D games from NetEnt, make the old Pub Fruity games we used to play in the ’70s at the local look second-rate. Now there are games with cinematic effects, progressive games with prizes big enough to make Saudi princes blush and even themed games.
Some of the more popular themed games available to players include South Park: Reel Chaos, Game of Thrones and Bridesmaids, which was one of 2015’s most popular releases.
Live dealer games
The live dealer titles, where a is dealer set up in a real casino or studio and recorded in real time, are designed to fill the void of a lack of social ambience created by playing at home, or are suited for those who aren’t a fan of Random Number Generator games.
Like all casinos there are selection of live dealer software providers that the casinos might use, which means each can have a different feel, different nationality of dealer and differing all-round standards. A few of our favourite live dealer providers include:
Mobile casino sites and apps
All of our online casinos offer a mobile site for players to access via their Apple or Android smartphones or tablets.
Additionally, both 32 Red and and Royal Vegas casino offer a legal native app to download to your homescreen – simply tap on our links and download the app from their mobile homepage.[/rm_geo_hide]
Funding your casino account
Easily the most popular deposit method at online casinos is with credit cards, namely Visa and MasterCard, the two biggest providers in the world. Both of these cards, as long as they are distributed by banks, are commonly accepted at online casinos, including our casinos recommend above.
Options available include:
Web wallets including Neteller, Skrill, ClickandBuy, and EcoPayz
All casinos and their deposit methods that we recommend use at least 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption, and any casino you play at should do the same.
A standard banking transaction at a casino with a Visa should be instant, but you might find it capped at a certain limit. These types of transactions usually have no fees attached to them, as other deposit methods like the online banking system POLi and web wallets won’t.
If you are looking to deposit more than the cap on your Visa, or other credit card, a bank transfer is a good option. This is facilitated either via your online banking (sometimes this can be capped too) or by contacting the bank and organising them to transfer money from your account to the casino’s account.
To deposit at any real money casino using the above methods visit its banking or deposits page and find the payment method you are looking for.
Casino bonuses at real money casinos
When you do make your first deposit, you will be able to opt in for the welcome bonus each casino offers. These generally involve matched deposits and free spins, but they do have wagering requirements attached so be sure to read any terms and conditions before you opt in.
As an example Leo Vegas gives all new customers up to $700 in matched deposits, with the first of these a 200% match bonus, meaning you can deposit $50 and have $150 in total to bet with. Each casino game clears the bonus amount at a different rate, for instance most slots games will clear it 100%, while table games could be as low as 10%.
How we determine online casinos as safe
We have a list of criteria which needs to be met before we recommend a site to our fellow players, and we have determined them as safe by having our team play at them.
We recommend an online casino provided it is;